Monday, July 14, 2008

Thing 6, Mashups

Wow, spent way more time with this than I thought I would. Still not sure how to edit pictures in Flickr - when I previewed ones to import they were right side up, in set on Flickr they are sideways now. I'll go back and play more to fix these later. I tried to do a mosaic for my children about my granddaughter but it kept saying the pictures were unavailable. Another argh. So I tried the trading card. Yea! success! I have a tiny library with no space to display posters etc. I want to change my birthday book program to include pictures of the people who participate and the trading card will be perfect to use. I can put the name of the child, their birthday and the title of the book they selected. I can put these on the sides of bookcases. I can also see using the trading cards to publicize books and get students who read the book to write a review. Then I can put them in an album.

1 comment:

VWB said...

don't know why your picture were turned from Flickr, but using the trading card to denote gift books...very interesting idea! kids love seeing themselves...might increse your donations maybe?
guess there will be a few parents who won't want their picture included...maybe you could do something like having them hold the new book in their hands and take that?