Monday, July 14, 2008

Thing 7 Google


My computer is acting differently now that I have downloaded Google Earth - all of my icons disappear top to bottom with the window open also disappearing. And it happens when I have other non internet windows open also. Weird. I checked out Google Earth and was happy with the resolution in 2 of the 3 places I went. The one that I could not get a good look at was the base my son is at right now. I want to use this with my granddaughter to show her where we are and where her dad is - I like the way you fly from place to place. Not that I expect her to get it, she is only 22 months old right now, but she will love the show. (My son is a Marine) I also want to do different Cinderella stories around the world with my classes and this will be a great way to show them the different areas of the world.
I started a Google alert about the Houston Astros. I was raised there and watched them build the Astrodome and started watching the Astros their first season. I decided a few years ago since I was following a professional football team I should also follow a professional baseball team since it is my favorite sport. There is another teacher in my school who is a major Cubs fan and she is always on top of their status - so I thought this would be a great way to keep up with the Astros. I am also trying one for copyright information - I need to make a couple of teachers believers next year. Luckily I have support from the administration.

1 comment:

Grendel said...

I love Google Earth! I have had a lot of fun with it. Is your son serving in Iraq? Thanks for your good ideas!